PDA

View Full Version : New Member status encouraging whoring?

Adrenaline
11-06-2002, 10:01 AM
It seems to me that the new ranks, (silver gold etc ) encourages whoring, Whilst it used to be that people ::coughredcivic55etccough:: would whore a lot to get to platinum, now they will be whoring up to 2 or 3 thousand posts, this seems it has the potential to really fill the board full of useles shit, but maybe im crazy, oh well, just a suggestion, maybe it should be laxed a bit, just my thoughts though. however the noobies should remain noobies, just so they dont get hurt when people call em noobs! :lol:

Anonymous
11-06-2002, 10:51 AM
I completely agree with that. I use to be a platinum member, and now
I'm a silver member. It doesn't make much difference to me, but when
I see people like :Red civic 55: who relentlessly postwhore, and have
a higher rank than me it pisses me off. I think the ranking should
reflect when you first signed on to HHU, that way the only thing that
can affect your status is time. I think that would partially eliminate some
of the whoring.

HybridB16
11-06-2002, 01:37 PM
^^^^ I agree with that one. Who are you "guest"?

Adrenaline
11-06-2002, 03:30 PM
Thats a good idea, except my old name got lost while i was deployed last winter, i guess it was deleted cause i did not post during the deployment or else mine would be 17 Oct 01 :cry:
+1 :lol: :P j/k

Adrenaline
11-06-2002, 03:45 PM
Maybe it could be 1 year plus with at least 1000 posts is platinum member

7 months to 1 year plus with 750 posts would be Gold member

4 months plus with 400 posts would be silver member,
100 posts period qualifys you as hhu member
andunder 100 is noobie regardless of time
this eliminates the possibility of someone registering a year ago to ask a question like "will a intake make me run 9's?" and ending up a platinum member when they drop by a year later to ask if they shoud buy bosch platinum spark plugs to make their metro faster.
but that system would probably be difficult compared to what it is now, because of the switchover in march that caused the loss of evreyones sign up date, therefore, those who ought to be platinum may only be gold, and it would be hard and stupid for boske to go through the regitry trying to figure out who to grant platinum status, so maybe the old system would be the best? or we could go to a 7 month + 1000 posts equals platinum, and on down the line? :-? :-?

Bomex
11-12-2002, 10:57 PM
i don't think there's an option for Member# (time u joined) ranking on phpBB....

Hickss
11-13-2002, 06:55 AM
i care about my number of posts, i'm not gonna lie and say that i don't look over at my number everytime i sign on but i care about the quality of my posts more. post whoring bothers me too because there're meaningless but i think people understand that stature on this website is more indicative of the quality of ones posts than the quantity. there are people on this site that whore all the time and i ignore them. i think others do too. however people like sensei, tony and lots others, don't have the most, but get more respect.

it's like the person who spend their entire existence chasing the $. they'll never find meaning because the numbers are a secondary reinfocer. but the person who seeks value (primary reinforcer); meaning will find them.

steble01
11-19-2002, 02:56 PM
well justin what about those of us who do actually know our fair share of car stuff and are put up as noobies? then we have to deal with people like roadsideprofit whos only got a platinum membership because he asks stupid questions or talks crap. justin you know that i know my shit, maybe not all your import stuff but my stuff i know. my point is dont judge my knowledge on vehicles by my status on hhu. :dance:

Adrenaline
11-19-2002, 11:51 PM
Your called noobie cause your a noobie to the site, roadside is a postwhore, he wasnt banned because he is occasionally funny, the longer your a member here, the more you will post, and the more you post, then your "rank" goes up, its really a sign of commitment to the site, not knowledge, there are some members who dont know shit, but they are high "ranking" the concept was designed to reflect your commitment, and usually when you stick around a long time you learn things, But, as well eveidenced some people dont even read the posts its just CLICK " I am a princess" POST CLICK "Im a whore "POST. and etc, these people are postwhores, and dont really contribute, if you really know your shit, people will see that, and youll have more respect with 200 posts than some people get with 4000, in your respective technical forum at least. Theres not really respect in the lounge, its just opinions.

Adrenaline
11-19-2002, 11:55 PM
Your not supposed to put up a avatar until you have 35 posts at least, but i dont think theyll really care about yours, but if you use the monkey for a avatar, dont put it in your posts, thats called doublemonkeying and thats not allowed.

Actually im a dumbass and i just made the whole doublemonkeying thing up :dance: :lol:

steble01
11-20-2002, 01:08 PM
thats cool ill just use it for my writing. do you like my sig pic???? it took a long time to find but its exactly what i wanted :dance:

importpower
12-26-2002, 11:52 PM
Nice sig pic but if you could make it a little smaller than that would save space. Run a search for a program.