PDA

View Full Version : New Member

8ball
04-20-2002, 08:10 PM
Heya, I gotta say, this place kicks ass! I'm just now gettin into this whole street racing business and I'm a newb at it. Trying to find a Civic I can afford and hopefully add some shit to it and make it run/sound real nice.

I'm probably missing out on a few terms I should know so... any suggestions to a newb? Terms and just plane old suggestions about what to get and what to put on it. :???:

tooocool49723
04-20-2002, 08:15 PM
intake, turbo, exhaust. these three things are the major power adders (not including nitrous if your a newbie just forget about nitrous for the time being) after you upgrade these three things youll want to start with more involved things like modifying the valvetrain, porting and polishing the heads, and other stuff.

all the info you need you can find here because there are a lot of people that have a diverse knowledge of hondas and imports and how to modify them :smile:

(even though i drive a toyota supra the basics are the same)

toxik co2
04-20-2002, 09:13 PM
Well to respond to the post above ^ basic mods are I/H/E (Intake/Header/Exhaust)
Intake=$200
Header=$230
Exhaust=$500
and also you can't have a Intake or a Header w/ a Turbo which he just said above that you could. Just wanted to clear things up for you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: toxik co2 on 2002-04-20 21:14 ]</font>

crack3rjack
04-20-2002, 11:19 PM
On 2002-04-20 20:15, tooocool49723 wrote:
intake, turbo, exhaust. these three things are the major power adders (not including nitrous if your a newbie just forget about nitrous for the time being) after you upgrade these three things youll want to start with more involved things like modifying the valvetrain, porting and polishing the heads, and other stuff.

all the info you need you can find here because there are a lot of people that have a diverse knowledge of hondas and imports and how to modify them :smile:

(even though i drive a toyota supra the basics are the same)

also, an intake is not a major power edder, it might add 7 hp or so if your lucky

silver_accord
04-22-2002, 08:59 AM
none of the bolt-ons are major power adders. Only force inductions are major power adders; turbo, nitrous and supercharger.

toxik co2
04-22-2002, 10:23 AM
^ Not true, you can throw some big ass cams, big ass piston. Add some Toda camshafts then you making major HP gains. FI isn't the only way to make power man. You can have a nasty all motor setup like Teddy (Purple Pro) FI is just the easiest way to get power. Takes a man to build a nasty all motor setup.

silver_accord
04-22-2002, 11:06 AM
On 2002-04-22 10:23, toxik co2 wrote:
^ Not true, you can throw some big ass cams, big ass piston. Add some Toda camshafts then you making major HP gains. FI isn't the only way to make power man. You can have a nasty all motor setup like Teddy (Purple Pro) FI is just the easiest way to get power. Takes a man to build a nasty all motor setup.

I do agree that you can get a badass N/A motor with some major mods to the cams, compressions, pistons, rods, cranks, intake, exhaust, chips, etc. TODA has built a few really fast NA motors.
My definition of bolt-ons are the big 3; I/H/E. And these are the easiest bolt-ons that you can do to your car.
And putting on some cams and pistons aren't the easiest things to do since you have to pull apart the motor to change these items. Therefore, the labor and money invested is twice as hard as having a force induction power adder bolt onto your engine. And it is true that you have to build up the your engine's internals to handle any major force induction. Then again, it's all up to the car owner's idea of "major hp gain." We need to compare apples-to-apples in this discussion. And my major hp gain is 100+% increase from stock. And any I/H/E will only give you 15-20 wheel hp. And that's an investment of $1000+ (brand names).

phiberoptik
05-03-2002, 09:41 PM
Ft Wayne? Nice I grew up going there to shop. Glenbrook baby.. hahaha Im from Defiance Oh about 45 mins away.

Have you heard of a Fuzion car club up there? Im toild they have some decent cars.

8ball
05-05-2002, 09:43 PM
On 2002-05-03 21:41, phiberoptik wrote:
Ft Wayne? Nice I grew up going there to shop. Glenbrook baby.. hahaha Im from Defiance Oh about 45 mins away.

Have you heard of a Fuzion car club up there? Im toild they have some decent cars.

Nope, I haven't heard of it but I might have to find out more info about it.