PDA

View Full Version : LS + turbo, later swap in gsr

lsintegra96
04-16-2002, 01:51 AM
Heres the situation. I have a 96 Integra ls with 88K miles on it. I'm wanting to put a turbo on it for now and then in a year, or when it breaks which ever comes first, put a gsr motor in it. So which turbo kit would be easiest to change from an ls motor to gsr motor. Or am I just wasting my time by trying to do the turbo first.

g2teg
04-16-2002, 02:40 AM
why not just keep the boosted ls motor? b18c has higher compression.....not as boost friendly as b18b. i'm keeping my b18a1 & just building it for more boost.

Logan
04-16-2002, 02:46 AM
youre engine should last more than a year with only 88k on it

Outsider GSR
04-16-2002, 02:49 AM
I have to agree with the above stated comment. Because of the LS's lower compression its alot more boost friendly. Instead of getting a B18c in a year, you should consider saving the money and rebuilding your B18b1 (rods, pistons, etc) That setup will run rings around the stock c1 motor.
Happy hunting

OsirisCa02
04-16-2002, 03:17 AM
I just wanted to say I agree. Fix your Ls engine! Put turbo on it and be happy. :cool:

PROFILES2000
04-16-2002, 04:21 AM
yah build the ls for turbo ls but jus for the record i love my turbo gsr hehehe

integr8
04-16-2002, 02:01 PM
You dont need no stinkin GSR! If your going to invest in a turbo the LS is a much better engine for it anyway: lower compression, cheaper to buy/replace/rebuild, ect. 88k is nothing on one of those and it should be able to handle up to 9-10 psi of boost stock. Instead of wasting money on a GSR engine later sink that 4 grand into rebuilding the LS engine to handle higher boost and youll have yourself a sweet fuckin ride!

lsintegra96
04-16-2002, 09:27 PM
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. Seems everyone is telling me the same thing, so i probably won't swap out the engine. But let me ask one more question? Somewhere else on this site someone wrote about keeping the ls bottom and putting a v-tec head on. Could anybody tell me more about this, or should I not even bother with the engine until after I put the turbo on it?

g2teg
04-16-2002, 09:41 PM
if you want to go ls/vtec, from what i hear it's not really a good idea to boost it. if built correctly though, it's s'posed to be a pretty powerful thing (low end torque from ls, high end hp from vtec). i always see ppl saying that if you build an ls/vtec, you should just push the n/a envelope. personally though, like i said, i'd stick with a boosted ls.