PDA

View Full Version : Ls gear in gsr

Bridgework1812
04-13-2002, 06:22 PM
I'm looking for an ls 5th gear for my gsr tranny, does anybody know where i can find one online, shops around here want way too much for theirs.

thanks

Toda Party
04-13-2002, 08:39 PM
http://www.car-parts.com

there are some other places, mostly honda and acura parts warehouses online, i dont recall any of their names at the moment, but a search on google or yahoo will find them

getting a new final drive?

purple ek
04-13-2002, 11:16 PM
keep this in mind...by changing the 5th gear ratio in a gsr tranny w/ a ls will seriously fuck up the total gear ratios...the fall out from 4th to 5th is gonna be so nasty that you'll hate yourself for doin it.

me and a couple of guys from Profile thought bout this a long time ago..and we did the math for it...not worth it..u want longer gears...do a ls tranny period.

Bridgework1812
04-14-2002, 12:00 AM
see, most of the time i wont get to 5tht when racing, and i drive alot, so i need better hw gas mileage, and i'm going to have a good amount of hp behind it(b20 vtec) and this is the first i've heard anything negative about it

Toda Party
04-14-2002, 06:07 AM
well it depends. if you're never going to use you're 5th in any type of racing that you do, then go for it.

but like purple said, if u ever need to use ur 5th in a race situation, whether it be on the street, or a track, or a strip, then that's gonna suck