PDA

View Full Version : GSR front brake conversion

Cayotic
03-24-2002, 11:36 PM
It's complete! I finaly got my GSR brakes on. I got more outta it than expected. The car handles better than ever, the alignment is better, and my steering wheel doesn't shake any more. I think it's a must to upgrade to these bigger spindals if you have a b16 or bigger.

Rotors=$100
Spidals & Calipers=$200
SS lines=$100
Pads=$50

Self install=PRICELESS

Sorry that the pic is so big. I am outta state right now and away from the Cayotic.com server. I don't have the software here to change it...

If there is enough interest I will make a howto...

http://home.talkcity.com/phatairrd/cayotic/brakes.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cayotic on 2002-03-24 23:41 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cayotic on 2002-03-24 23:42 ]</font>

92blackteg
03-24-2002, 11:44 PM
yea if u culd post a how 2 cuz im lookin to convert my stock brakes. and u think i shuld get gsr,type r, or i waz thinkin abour a wilwood brake kit ...im also thinkin bout doin the rear brakes too.

Cayotic
03-25-2002, 12:29 AM
Well I think that the spindals from 2nd gen and 3rd gen Integras are the same. This could include Type R's. If anything, get 92 Integra Spindals with the, bigger than stock, cross drilled rotors. AEM, Brembo, wilwood... You can still use the calipers that originally came on your new spindals, however, you'll need some spindal expansion brackets so you can mount the calipers over the bigger rotors. If I new I could do this I wouldn't have bought my brembo stock replacement cross drilled. I'm not the expert here I just know what I've read.

I'm not sure about the 91 Si rear conversion yet. I think I'll wait until I have a need. Say when I get to 200hp at the wheels.

I am on vacation showing my car on the oregon coast for the next week. After I change the clutch in my other rex I will post a Cayotic.com howto for the conversion. Until then all you need, or all I bought was, 92 Integra Spindals/calipers (Any model), 92 cross drilled rotors, SS lines, and pads.

The lines where a pain because nobody sells just 92 fronts and 88 CRX rear lines. I found this guy on ebay who made me a custom package for half the price as local shops. Check out my site for his info... under Point of View, INFO, Sites, and e-shops. I have him listed under my ebay favorites.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cayotic on 2002-03-25 00:31 ]</font>

92blackteg
03-25-2002, 06:31 PM
ight thanks alot