PDA

View Full Version : PS rookie

ludezex
08-29-2002, 05:19 PM
i'm brand new at PS, just been playing around with it for about a month or so now. my biggest problem is doing multiple things to a car. i really need some help before i go insane.

example: took front end of porshce and put it on a lude. got the front end of the porsche lined up pretty good. the porsche front end was black and i wanted to make the rest of the silver lude blk. i outline the rest of the lude and go to change the color and PS pops up an error not allowing me to change any color, "selected image is empty"

i'm not sure what i have to do, but if i change the color of the lude first and then put on a different front end, then it's all good. i'm going crazy here!!!

PhotoShop Rookie
Thanks!!!

Starscream
08-29-2002, 05:30 PM
the porsche front end was black and i wanted to make the rest of the silver lude blk. i outline the rest of the lude and go to change the color and PS pops up an error not allowing me to change any color, "selected image is empty"

when you have the prelude selected...or even before that...make sure you have the layer selected that the prelude is on..the layer window should be in the bottom right..its probably labled "background"

ludezex
08-29-2002, 05:57 PM
damn it. i just don't get it. i'll write my steps in order, tell me what i'm doing wrong........

1)cut front end off of skyline
2)pasted front end of skyline onto contour svt image
3)lined up and fixed skyline front end onto contour
4)made a new layer
5)outlined whole care including skyline front end back to end of contour
6)went to chnage "hue/saturation" PS= could not complete h/s command because selected area is empty

where am i messing up. i know PS is hard but damn..........

Starscream
08-29-2002, 06:30 PM
4)made a new layer
5)outlined whole care including skyline front end back to end of contour
6)went to chnage "hue/saturation" PS= could not complete h/s command because selected area is empty

when you have everything selected..DONT MAKE A NEW LAYER!! what your trying to do is change the hue/saturation of something comletley blank..thats why its saying that. when you have the front end on the car EXACTLY how you want it...merge the image..layer properties and flatten image..then select the car(or what you want to change the color of,delselect the windows and that) and go to image/adjust/color balance

hope this helps you out man!

ludezex
08-29-2002, 06:45 PM
thanks bro!!!

i guess all i can say is that everyone started out somewhere.

Starscream
08-29-2002, 06:56 PM
i guess all i can say is that everyone started out somewhere.

haha got that right! i started photoshopping my 11th grade year in highschool..3 years ago..a few months later i started in on cars...you should see some of my EARLY work :nodno: :nodno:

blaze16
08-29-2002, 08:02 PM
there is an even easier way
image-apply image(do not keep multiply on change it to normal)
select that layer n your good to go :nod:

HunteR
08-30-2002, 10:30 AM
The same exact thing drove me crazy not a long time ago.