PDA

View Full Version : another no start issue

dimbonz
10-25-2009, 06:55 PM
i still have to jump the accord from the battery to start it,i was on the way to the store and knew i was low on fuel,the car started losing power slowly like it was running out of gas,i got some gas in it and it still runs that way when it does start,its on the side of the road right now.It acts like its not getting enough fuel,when i try to give it gas it dies.this is when it does start,which is 1 out of a hundred attempts.

TexasHonda
10-25-2009, 07:15 PM
Your battery voltage is probably too low to support ignition. You may have a bad battery or bad alternator,..or both.

good luck

dimbonz
10-25-2009, 07:51 PM
battery seems good it turns over very well,im thinking alternater
anyway to test?

TexasHonda
10-25-2009, 08:30 PM
In your first post, you said you had to jump the battery to start. Why if battery is good?

Suggest getting a battery monitor (volt gauge) that plugs into the cigarette lighter (~$15 from Walmart last time I looked). This will tell you if battery voltage is good, starting voltage is adequate, and whether alternator is working.

good luck

dimbonz
10-26-2009, 09:40 AM
I think i worded that wrong,i have another post where i think my clutch switch is bad so i use a hotwire from the battery to the starter to start the car,ill check battery voltage but it turns over with no problem

dimbonz
10-26-2009, 04:25 PM
i pulled it to the house with my truck,starts right up 1st time,maybe i ran it outta gas too far.its kinda a little distance to the store from here.seems ok.