PDA

View Full Version : Power seat belt is stuck! (91 Accord)

ckpeterson77
08-27-2009, 01:53 PM
The window belt slide on my driver's side is stuck in the "deactivated" position. Sometimes it just fixes itself in the middle of driving and slides back up, but this time it's been stuck for weeks. Not only does this make my car unsafe to drive, but that annoying warning beep also won't stop!!! I don't want to bring it to a mechanic if there is a quick easy fix. Please help!

TexasHonda
08-27-2009, 07:31 PM
Honda should correct this as seat belts have a lifetime warranty.

good luck

ckpeterson77
08-28-2009, 12:38 AM
You're right! Amazingly, I just found my 1991 Honda Warranties manual (along with my user manual) and it spells it out perfectly in there. Now I have some ammo to bring to the Honda dealer! :)

ronbinokc
01-29-2010, 02:03 AM
I spoke to the service department of Howard Honda in Edmond,OK and was told that the only thing that was covered on the seatbelts was the lap belt itself. He was rather rude when he said it (which will definately keep me from ever buying a Honda from there), so can anyone help me out here? I have the exact same issue. My seat belt is stuck in the unsafe position, so I only have my lap belt for protection. I have manually moved the stupid thing back as much as I could muscle it, and i opened the door and it slid right back to the open position.

Does Honda cover these seat belts for the "useable lifetime" of the vehicle?? Please let me know.

ckpeterson77
01-29-2010, 11:48 PM
Honda should definitely cover anything related to seatbelt warranty. My dealer in MN (Walser Honda in Burnsville, MN) was great about going to bat for me. It took several hours of labor (which would have resulted in hundreds if not thousands of dollars in charges) for them to diagnose the problem...it was actually an electrical issue in the engine compartment. I think they had my car for a full week! It sounded like they had never seen this before, but they also said they learned a lot! :) I don't know if it would help, but I'd be glad to give you the number for my dealer in MN. Maybe they can make some calls for you!