PDA

View Full Version : 98 accord 4cyl auto speedo and tranny issue

dsmtuner95
07-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Hello, I am having a problem with a transmission in a 98 accord 4 cyl automatic. I just swapped out the stock trans and put in a used auto trans which is identical. First of all the speedometer does not work at all, and secondly when i pull out it does not shift out of 1st gear right away. I let it coast in first gear until it will finally shift to second. In second gear it shifts through gears fine as i go down the road however the light around D4 on the cluster blinks and it locks out 1st gear and will pull from a stop on second gear. I am wondering if this is actually in limp mode and/or wondering if the speedometer not working is causing all the issues here and how to diagnose the speedometer problem. Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

reflea00
08-02-2009, 09:57 AM
I too have a 98 Accord Auto, I just dumped $2300 into new trans. Mine slipped in 1st and second. changed out for a used trans. There are 6 sensors on the trans. 2 on lower front are singles when hooking these sensors up, double check that the colors match up. one sensor is brown the other is black, connectors match. I also changed theses sensors with new ones did not solve the problem, eventually the car would only go 35 mph. Double check all your connections,