PDA

View Full Version : Beaten to Death

Jezebel
09-16-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times. I've been browsing websites for hours... and everyone wants to know how to find their navigation security code.

I do not have any stickers with the security codes ANYWHERE in my recently bought, used 2004 Acura TL. It didn't come with orginal manual either.

I called my dealership in Santa Monica AND the orginating dealership in Ohio.

Dealership in SM has no records using the VIN number. Dealership in OH trashed old files.

Dealership in SM suggested holding down the Menu/Cancel/Map buttons all down the same time to reset the security code... nothing happenned.

I don't want to have the unit in the dash pulled out just to find the number.

I have a unit in the trunk of my car, and from what I've read you can find the serial number underneath it???

Can anyone advise how to find it?

jdmaccord
09-16-2008, 03:54 PM
give me a minute, ill check my trunk

Jezebel
09-16-2008, 03:57 PM
you rock! Thanks! :)

jdmaccord
09-16-2008, 04:00 PM
The DVD unit in the back has a serial number on it, but no codes as far as i can see.
IM pretty sure any dealer can reset it though. As long as you prove its your car of course.
Edit: they probably have to pull the unit out of the dash for the Serial before they can reset you.

Id also suggest that if you bought the car from the dealer, u go back. They really should give you a manual and reset your radio for free and then give u a copy of the codes.

Jezebel
09-16-2008, 04:08 PM
I agree... they should... but I beat them up on selling price when I bought the car....

Talked them down to 17.5k

And they sort of hate me at the moment. :)

I'm going in tomorrow morning for service on two recalls... hopefullly I can talk the guy to help me out.

I'll check the unit in the trunk this afternoon. As long as I have the serial number, I should be able to get the code from the dealership.