PDA

View Full Version : new NSX

oneflyasianguy
08-15-2002, 12:12 PM
i saw a chick driving a new NSX yesterday and i almost creamed myself i didnt know they were out yet, rare car

importpower
08-15-2002, 01:38 PM
Yep they're out.

KaosFire
08-16-2002, 11:56 PM
The NSX is the biggest mistake out of Honda/Acura. Its not popular anywhere but in the japanese tuning world (so can't be considered a supercar by the rest of the world) and too expensive for a power limited car.

this is to start conversation, so don't flame. What do the rest of you think?

Anonymous
08-17-2002, 11:10 PM
i saw a chick driving a new NSX yesterday and i almost creamed myself i didnt know they were out yet, rare car

over the car or the chick? :P

Daemon
08-17-2002, 11:58 PM
the nsx is awesome.

you shut your mouth before you give honda any ideas of pulling it out of the states.

if you didnt know, honda loses money selling nsx's, do they care? They want to sell there flagship car, lets keep it that way.

KaosFire
08-19-2002, 06:11 AM
Don't you think they should come up with something better? Possibly something that makes money?

I didn't know they were losing money, but it makes sense. The damn thing is all wrong...I don't care if ppl like how it looks. Its too damn expensive and not strong enough.

[syko.xero]
09-08-2002, 12:40 PM
I think the NSX if a very nice car but for what you pay its not even worth looking at...there are so many nicer cars that you could get for the money you spend on the NSX :nodno:

Pre-Vtec-Lude
09-18-2002, 08:51 PM
Underpowered, no,
Performance

0 - 60 mph [secs] 4.9
0 - 100 mph [secs] 11.9
1/4 mile [secs at mph] 13.4 at 105.9
Top Speed [mph] 175
Lateral acceleration [g] 0.91
Fuel Economy [City/Hwy in mpg] 17 / 24

Agreed It is quite over priced, this is a car to die fo. :headbang:

KaosFire
09-20-2002, 09:20 PM
Underpowered, no,
Performance

0 - 60 mph [secs] 4.9
0 - 100 mph [secs] 11.9
1/4 mile [secs at mph] 13.4 at 105.9
Top Speed [mph] 175
Lateral acceleration [g] 0.91
Fuel Economy [City/Hwy in mpg] 17 / 24

Agreed It is quite over priced, this is a car to die fo. :headbang:

cmon...the new cobra does almost all of that (except top speed since its electronically limited) and does it for half the price. HALF...we aren't talking small money here. Thats alot of money...

AccordDriver96
09-21-2002, 02:22 PM
ur right u can say OVER PRICED! :nod: what is it for a brand nsx 120k, 110, 90k? well i know somewhere around there but thats over PRICED u can say that AGAING :nod: but its a nice car :nod: :nod: i would never pay that price for it :nodno:

AccordDriver96
09-21-2002, 02:22 PM
ur right u can say OVER PRICED! :nod: what is it for a brand nsx 120k, 110, 90k? well i know somewhere around there but thats over PRICED u can say that AGAING :nod: but its a nice car :nod: :nod: i would never pay that price for it :nodno:

86ludesi
09-22-2002, 09:24 AM
The reason the price of that car is so high is because it wasn't made to be a sports car like a mustang, 300ZX, Supra, Camaro, Corvette etc. It was made to be an entry level exotic. I'm sure the Ferrari F355 costs more than the NSX but the NSX is faster. So should we say that the Ferrari is overpriced? NO cause it's a ferrari!! So that is the class that the NSX was created to enter. plus it is hand made.

EndlessApex
09-22-2002, 09:04 PM
Hi I'm new here, but since the NSX is undoubtably my favourite car I'll say that they cost a bit more for a few reasons..one they are hand built..but more importantly hand built in Japan completely unlike a lot of the other hondas which are only 25% Japanese parts. Also each NSX engine is put together by one person each and anyone that is on the NSX team must have been with Honda for at least 10 years. Not to mention due to the fact they're purely built in Japan they definately have to follow the 280 horsepower law, and in no way can you speak bad about them unless you're a total moron, oh and Car and Driver I think it was did a test it was 0-150-0 test, the viper did it the fastest (I don't remember the times but the NSX was about 3 seconds behind the Viper GT-S which got first and the Corvette I think Z06 got 3rd and did it 7 seconds slower I think than the NSX.

KaosFire
09-23-2002, 05:21 PM
As for the handmade, since I know about SVT and cobras, I can say that the cobra is made the same way. Maybe not by one person but does it matter? As for being an entry level exotic, there are a few factors the NSX fails in.

First off, most exotic car drivers do not modify their car. The NSX falls short because the 280 HP limit forces the car to be modded before the V6 can keep up (even to a 911 carrera).

Next, I'll give it some credit in the body and aerodynamic design, but since some time, it has barely changed. In which case, the ferrari's, 911 turbos, high end mercedes, aston martins have all gotten the edge. (almost all have VVT and ABS and countless other techs)

I don't know what to call it though, is it a cheap exotic (that doesn't perform to competition) or an expensive sports car (that doesn't perform for its price).

Is the NSX a mistake by Honda?

TheHead
09-24-2002, 01:49 AM
The reason the price of that car is so high is because it wasn't made to be a sports car like a mustang, 300ZX, Supra, Camaro, Corvette etc. It was made to be an entry level exotic. I'm sure the Ferrari F355 costs more than the NSX but the NSX is faster. So should we say that the Ferrari is overpriced? NO cause it's a ferrari!! So that is the class that the NSX was created to enter. plus it is hand made.

You think the NSX is faster than a Ferrari? In the 1/4? Around a track? The Ferrari isn't even in the same dimension as the NSX. The F355 you speak of is a 13.0 second car, and the new 360 Modenas are high 12s. Entry level exotic? :lol: Must really suck to be in sub basement 2. And 0-150-0? Boo-hoo, so it has nicer brakes. The NSX has nice brakes, but so does an Infiniti Q45. Nice brakes don't a fast car make. The Z06 and the Porsche offerings and the Viper and the Mustang Cobra and most LS1s absolutely rape it in a straight line. And the Z06 and the Viper rape it around a road course. The reason nobody buys the NSX is because it has no place in the market. Its a ripoff. If I were in the market for an exotic I'd save the extra clams and get a nice Ferrari. There is nothing like a well tuned V12, and it certainly is nice to know that you don't have Honda stamped on your valve covers.

San-LC
09-24-2002, 09:33 AM
...did you know that the 1991 NSX, the first year it arrived in the U.S., had an MSRP of $60,000? And now it's MSRP is $89,000+. That's quite an enlargement over the period of 10 years.

flyinghonda
09-25-2002, 06:24 PM
Ok, some guidance is needed here for you people to understand what the NSX is all about.

In it's first year of production the NSX proved to be the Best exotic cars in the world, beating the ferraris in it's price range. It was declared the Best handling car by several magazines (hell, it is still considered as one of the best handling cars in the world), and well, it WAS simply the best. The technology employed in the NSX was class leading, and it's performance was up to the task. But the NSX offered something that the others didn't, which are reliability, great fuel economy, a great ride and comfort, etc.

The NSX was the first japanese car to put worried faces on European exotic car manufacturers, and this from a country that was known for small and economic cars! Just like the legendary Ford GT40 did years ago.

The reason the NSX has it's price so high is because it's a limited production car (profits are really poor), is is entirely made out of aluminum, hand made, rich materials, etc. True, today you can have a handful of better performing cars for less price.

But over 10 years have passed and the NSX has seen little changes. a 20 bhp increase in 1997, and a slight facelift with slightly bigger tires.
Honda is into something for the future of the NSX, it's expected to have a lower price, at least 400 bhp, and honda is aiming at the best handling spot all over again.
Today, the NSX is basically a car for honda fanatics with a big bank account, people who know what they want (hell, if i had the money i wouldn't hesitate either to get one).

As for the test the guy above was refering to (0-150-0 mph), the results were like this (august 1998, Car and Driver)

0-150 mph time (not including braking 150-0):

Viper GTS:................22.5 sec
NSX:.........................28.2
Corvette (non Z06):...30.2
BMW 540i manual:.....34.7
Jaguar XJR:...............34.8
Camaro Z28 SS:........36.0
Porsche 911 Carrera:.38.2

These were performed in the same day, location, conditions... so it is a direct comparison.

Now, no doubt the newest SVT cobra will smoke the NSX, but just think of the effort that was put in that car, think about refinement and other stuff, and consider that the NSX is still late 80s and early 90s technology, and then consider what it might be in 2005, which is when it will be replaced by a new version.... oh, i hope Honda doesn't let me down on this one. Also consider that this is the US, and in Japan the NSX you get in the US is just like a base model, there are other meaner NSX version, like the Type S Zero, and the Type R.

So stop calling the NSX a mistake by honda, after all it was the king in it's class when it came out it's firts years, and just hope that honda creates something really competitive.

86ludesi
09-28-2002, 03:39 PM

You think the NSX is faster than a Ferrari? In the 1/4? Around a track? The Ferrari isn't even in the same dimension as the NSX. The F355 you speak of is a 13.0 second car, and the new 360 Modenas are high 12s. Entry level exotic? :lol: Must really suck to be in sub basement 2. And 0-150-0? Boo-hoo, so it has nicer brakes. The NSX has nice brakes, but so does an Infiniti Q45. Nice brakes don't a fast car make. The Z06 and the Porsche offerings and the Viper and the Mustang Cobra and most LS1s absolutely rape it in a straight line. And the Z06 and the Viper rape it around a road course. The reason nobody buys the NSX is because it has no place in the market. Its a ripoff. If I were in the market for an exotic I'd save the extra clams and get a nice Ferrari. There is nothing like a well tuned V12, and it certainly is nice to know that you don't have Honda stamped on your valve covers.

ummm... I don't know if you noticed, but the NSX does the 1/4 in under 13 seconds. I don't think thats bad considering it's basically a 1994 car with sub 300hp, I think it only puts 276 to the wheels. Imagine that same car with 400hp, basically the same weight and basiclly the same price. The car will run with the top of the line ferrraris with the reliability of a civic. Hows that for an exotic :D

flyinghonda
09-28-2002, 08:20 PM
Oh, one more thing i forgot to mention... the NSXs engine is underrated by honda (remember the voluntary power limit for japanese cars... the one of a limit of ~277bhp), just like the LS1 and those GM engines, which is why the NSX is getting 1/4 mile times as low as 12.9 seconds for a base car, and even lower from the NSX type S and NSX-R. compare that to the F355 13 second flat times.... YES! the NSX can keep up with a 375 bhp Ferrari, but of course the newest ferraris are way ahead now.

clementine
10-03-2002, 09:57 PM
so let me get this straight...yahl are bitching about cars all of u pb do not and will not have that only do 12's max from what u say. in a 1/4, where as my friends crx does 10's ? call me crazy, but thats alot better a deal putting 15 k into the motor. than going out and buying a fucking car thats going to get u some hoes some tickets and a nice repair job and higher insurance. just me i guess.

KaosFire
10-04-2002, 03:55 PM
^^ trust me, if u can afford a car with the luxuries and styling of the NSX, I don't think u want to be riding in a harsh driving, gutted, loud CRX that runs 10's.

Those cars in that range are all about riding in style, with handling and amazing top speed. That CRX that u mentioned probably eats gas and can't turn faster than 40 mph without flipping over.

clementine
10-04-2002, 10:04 PM
his crx isint gutted nor is his bro's hatch, plus, we happen to like tha loud noise :lol:

TheHead
10-05-2002, 03:41 PM
his crx isint gutted nor is his bro's hatch, plus, we happen to like tha loud noise :lol:

I would bet my life savings that it cant run better than a low 12 on street tires and pump gas. Go suck a nut. I don't care if the CRX runs 8s, its still no Ferrari.

Anonymous
10-16-2002, 03:00 PM
the nsx is awesome.

you shut your mouth before you give honda any ideas of pulling it out of the states.

if you didnt know, honda loses money selling nsx's, do they care? They want to sell there flagship car, lets keep it that way.
maybe they should bring down the msrp a tad... so the rest of the world can experience it....

Harry
11-04-2002, 10:36 PM
The nsx was designed to have all the practicality of a civic with the performance and handling of the best exotics available AT THE TIME. Yes it's overpriced and outdated in 2003. Look at it in the proper context. No other manufacturer has been able to build an exotic that you can drive around like a regular car,(noise, ride, vibrations etc) get $20 oil changes, have the reliability of a civic and keep up to and outperform anyone out there. The nsx broke new ground in the exotic world period. 11 years later and it's still a contender, that's impressive enough. And to the guy talking about the crx, why stop at the nsx? A 10 second crx is a better value than all of them, ferraris, lamborghinis, porsches, why wouldn't all these guys just build 10 second crx's? I don't get it. :roll:

CYBEREAGLE19
11-09-2002, 12:29 AM
Tha NSX is awsome and yes overpriced, I seen 2 around here one with a body kit and tha other stock, theya really get attentin when u see one driveing down the rode, I hope honda decides to mass produce tha dualnote cuz that car would kick the crap out of the NSX

210RACING_TECHNOLOGY
11-15-2002, 01:31 PM
doesnt the nsx-r have 320hp? so wats this mumbo jumbo about a 277hp law

Harry
11-16-2002, 01:14 AM
The Japanese have an unwritten law that states that none of the manufacturers produce and sell a car in Japan with more than 280hp. I don't know if the type R has more than that or if there is some type of loophole allowing them to do it.

LordeSoHc
11-18-2002, 10:23 PM
What type of engine does the NSX have? I know a v-6 but the engine code.

And NSX's are hella nice. When you see one rolling around and it takes a turn... you don't see any body lean... it just points and shoots. I would pay the money for a car like that. I don't care if it has under 300 bhp..

210RACING_TECHNOLOGY
11-19-2002, 12:01 PM
c32a

San-LC
11-19-2002, 04:01 PM
c32a
Yes, the C30A is in the 4-speed Auto, w/ 252 hp, and the C32A is in the 6-speed manual w/ 290 hp.

San-LC
11-19-2002, 04:04 PM
doesnt the nsx-r have 320hp? so wats this mumbo jumbo about a 277hp lawThe NSX-R has the same horsepower as the standard NSX, but it has lots of Carbon Fiber, making it lighter, plus bigger brakes, a firmer suspension system and 17" front wheels w/ 18" rear wheels, giving it much better handling.

Anonymous
11-24-2002, 03:28 PM
I think only a few of you get the main point of the NSX. If you ever drivan a exotic car that costs 200,000+ you will notice how it handles, drives, feels, and the fun you will have. THe NSX gives you all that if not more, for less then half the price.The car is an exotic, and for what it has, its a good price, ya its HP isn't HIGH but, the car is fuckin light. So its power/Wieght, is sick.

I've read many times and magazines choose the NSX over a lot of exotic cars cause if just fun to drive. It gives you everything you would have with another exotic for a fraction of the price.

StonedMonkey
11-25-2002, 12:59 AM
i see the new nsx on tv last night (bbc top gear), everyones saying how shit the old nsx is but thats why they bring out the type r, and from what i can see they improved it a lot... it was run on a test track and came just 3 seconds under a zonda (at about 2:40) 3rd out of about 8 cars (inc diablo, vantage and Z4). i know exactly what u mean about it being direct, it took the corners like a gokart lol

if u want something fast then u can get a custom car u build ur self for $20k thats so light it could probably do the 1/4 in about 9s... the car that came first on topgear.

Cartuner11
02-13-2003, 10:15 AM
Who cares about the Cobra? It's real big shit to say that a car with almost twice the displacement of the NSX is a little bit faster. Do you guys brag about being able to beat up someone way smaller than you? Of course not, it's easy. What is impressive is when something with as much power as a "little kid" (compared to the musclebound hp of the cobra) could take you to a track and school you on the twisties. Straight line performance isn't real world performance. Anyone who would rather spend money on an ugly ass FORD is a low tech redneck. NSX wins in style, class, technology, prestige, reliability, and is completely badass. Just because a cheaper car is faster means nothing. You go buy the cheap one.

E-Nyce Beats
03-14-2003, 01:29 PM
You have two worlds: Cosmetics and speed.

Pick one. And only one.

If you can't decide and pick one, you have no choice but to buy a car that is designed to do a complete job of being the BEST of both worlds.

At "13.5" in the quartermile, the NSX is not that car.

Silent Order
03-16-2003, 12:52 AM
so let me get this straight...yahl are bitching about cars all of u pb do not and will not have that only do 12's max from what u say. in a 1/4, where as my friends crx does 10's ? call me crazy, but thats alot better a deal putting 15 k into the motor. than going out and buying a fucking car thats going to get u some hoes some tickets and a nice repair job and higher insurance. just me i guess.

just how bad are you anyways?

PROFILES2000
03-16-2003, 08:58 AM

the CRX that does 10s doesnt handel as well as the NSX

RollAzn
03-25-2003, 09:01 PM

well nsx type s zero and nsx type r(japan only) can both beat the f355 they are very close maybe not beat i mean like . sec away. I seen video of a nsx type s zero vs a ferrari f355 the nsx beat it by .5 sec or sumtine like that. the type r are faster tahn the type s barely. Ive heard of a type r running 12.8.

RollAzn
03-25-2003, 09:01 PM
when i say beat i mean 1/4 time.

flexx
03-27-2003, 08:30 PM
...did you know that the 1991 NSX, the first year it arrived in the U.S., had an MSRP of $60,000? And now it's MSRP is $89,000+. That's quite an enlargement over the period of 10 years.
My boss told me about that story, he said that when it first came out, the dealerships were marking the price as high as like 10-15k. So Honda said fuck that, why should the dealer make so damn money, so they raised the price like a mofo. Or something like that.

HomeydaGRiceboy
04-03-2003, 12:34 AM
cmon...the new cobra does almost all of that (except top speed since its electronically limited) and does it for half the price. HALF...we aren't talking small money here. Thats alot of money...

Da new cobra would leave it in its wake, look at da trap, good, but da cobra traps over 110, if he met one, da cobra would piss all over it.

Nice car but I an't payin dat much. $45,000 ok.