PDA

View Full Version : Legend ABS problems

studlydiver19
05-10-2008, 08:52 PM
well this has me majorly confused. i got a 91 legend coupe and its abs light only comes on after 22 seconds of driving the car forward. it can sit there idiling for ages and reverse for longer without the light comeing on but i cant seem to do anything about it. when i short the service check connector to try get a fault code the engine light came on....
i have tried cleaning the speed sensors on all four wheels but that didnt help either.
i jacked the car up and spun each wheel seperatly which made the light come on after a few turns.
tried pulling the ALB2 fuse to reset the fault code but it keeps comeing back

otto888man
05-12-2008, 10:06 AM
It sounds like you have a bad wheel sensor. You need to retrieve the code see which wheel is it. You might just need to adjust the air gap between the speed ring & the sensor.

studlydiver19
05-13-2008, 06:07 AM
did try to retrive the code but i couldnt get it. when i shorted the two pins in the connector under the glove compartment i strangely got a engine check light indication. this is the connector that your ment to short out to get a flashing code. im going to try throw the car up on jacks this weekend and connect an oscilloscope to each sensor to see if theyr giving out the right signal.

with regards to the air gap how big is it ment to be?

studlydiver19
05-25-2008, 09:55 PM
well... after lots of digging and testing i have put an oscilloscope on the speed sensors to check them, and all of them are good. now when i pulled the ABS pump off i tried to put brake fluid down the resivour and make the pump motor spin, but it wouldnt build up any pressure. i tried to take the motor off and that was all good, that works but i couldnt get into the impellor part to see if it had come off the shaft or what the story was... so anyone got any ideas on how to get to the impellors?

B18C5er
05-27-2008, 09:49 AM
moved this here for a response more suited to your car.