PDA

View Full Version : Any good speedshops in your area?

Harry
08-12-2002, 06:38 PM
If you live near Ottawa ont. there are a few there, but I've only dealt with one so far, it's called Speedstyle, and it seems pretty good so far. It's at 1325 Leeds ave. off Sheffield Rd. They've been there for at least 6 or 7 years as far as I know. You could get anything there, they've got all sorts of wheels, suspension components, body kits, nitrous, turbo's, you name it they can get it, good prices and the guys there seem pretty knowledgeable. So in case you live near ottawa, there's one place that's been recommended to me a few times, FYI.

Have any shops near you that you'd recommend?

corymerchant
08-12-2002, 10:41 PM
i'm in new york, and there's a great one on central avenue called "Redline Racing". so if you're ever in new york, on central ave, it's down by the candlelight inn.

ludicris
08-13-2002, 07:46 PM
there is 2 shops in my city. one is ran by 2 old guys that just look shit up and order it. they said an intake would give me 25 hp. that was funny. then the other shop is ran by some younger guys but i think they are way overpriced. they drive around with stickers bearing their shops name and always try to race with me. i think they don't like me cus i get my parts elsewhere. oh well.

ludicris
08-14-2002, 02:35 PM
hey Mr. Harry maybe you could get me a price on a dc sports header and i'll compare it with Windsor. it may be worth it to buy it up there and have it sent to me.

Toda Party
08-14-2002, 02:36 PM
i'm in new york, and there's a great one on central avenue called "Redline Racing". so if you're ever in new york, on central ave, it's down by the candlelight inn.

what part of NY is hastings?

My shop will be up and running soon, outta buffalo. TO and other ontario peeps feel free to stop by ;)

ludicris
08-14-2002, 02:40 PM
our dollar is worthless in the states right now so it would be costly to buy from there. plus we pay taxes and duty so it really sucks.

Harry
08-14-2002, 08:30 PM
will do. :nod:

ludicris
08-16-2002, 12:04 PM
thanks.

Toda Party
08-17-2002, 02:51 AM
our dollar is worthless in the states right now so it would be costly to buy from there. plus we pay taxes and duty so it really sucks.
that's why u buy from the states but have the items shipped to some close contacts COUGHme perhapsCOUGH and have those close contacts bring it over the border for u

ludicris
08-17-2002, 11:58 AM
i'm quite a ways from NY Toda. you would have to give it to Mr. Harry and then he would have to courier it to me here :lol: besides how would you explain having a cat back exhaust just laying around in the car.

Customs Officer: whats that in the back son :evil:
Toda: just a spare in case mine falls off :uhoh:

Harry
08-17-2002, 11:59 AM
Hey ludicris, I'm on the phone now with the guy, hehe.....I'm actually on hold right now.
625. plus tax.
I asked about install, he said something like that, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
Is that close to the price you got?

Ok, I'm on the phone again, on hold again with another place, :D I don't like this place, too big, bad service, but they're competitive price wise, they asked me if I wanted stainless steel or ceramic. :-? :-? I asked for a price on both.

Ok, they couldn't get a price because it's saturday :roll: They said they'd call me back on monday. I'll call them.
This place told me that they think the stainless steel is better because once they got a ceramic in and it had a hole in it. Apparently ceramic is very fragile and is prone to this, I dunno.
Now I don't know if the first place's price was for ceramic or not. :-?

Yeah Toda, that's a good idea for the taxes, but the thing is the exchange is so bad that we get raped way before we get to the boarder. The taxes on top of the exchange are just the extra kick in the balls. :nodno:

ludicris
08-17-2002, 12:04 PM
the guys here want 799.00 plus tax :o

Harry
08-17-2002, 12:10 PM
:o is right! But hold on, maybe you're getting a price for ceramic and I'm getting a price for stainless steel? I'm assuming one's more than the other, I have no idea. I just called back the first place and nobody's there, must have closed. I'll verify which it is on monday. If it's the same, I'm in ottawa all the time, just let me know.

ludicris
08-17-2002, 12:16 PM
oh my F*#king god!!! i just called these assfucks again to be sure i was right on my price. check this out

Stainless Steel DC Sports 4-2-1 Header: $839.00 before tax.

thats fucking retarded! :x sometimes i want to ask them how they sleep at night ripping people off like that.

i think i'll buy my stuff from Ottawa from now on. they would probably take a money order and ship it here eh?

Harry
08-17-2002, 12:45 PM
Usually you tell them what you want and they get it for you in a few days, so I'm thinking, if they're getting it shipped from the US or something, maybe they can just have it shipped directly to you instead of them, assuming they've already been paid, why not? I'll ask them about shipping to windsor on monday. And stainless steel it is I take it.

'88juiced5.0
08-21-2002, 12:23 PM
www.mopacauto.com cheapest in canada (so they say)

Chillax
08-21-2002, 03:37 PM
my buddy bought his dc sports 4-1 on ebay and paid like 400 canadian all said and done, we installed and saved even more money.

Just look on ebay, then send it to a friend in the states and smuggle it across, or even install it over there.

839 + tax is fucking retarded!

Harry
08-29-2002, 09:57 AM
Hey ludicris I'm back, did you get my pm? You still looking at those headers?