PDA

View Full Version : NEED NEW STARTER

sonya68
11-24-2007, 10:55 AM
Can someone give me the jest of changing the starter on my 96 Acura 3.2 TL???

What main tools is needed, do I need to drop the exhaust?

jdmaccord
11-24-2007, 11:47 AM
How mechanically inclined are you?

sonya68
11-24-2007, 03:22 PM
Somewhat. Is it a pain to do this? I can't seem to get anyone that wants to help me. I am willing to try this on my own. Can you give me some details??? Have you ever done it? :-)

jdmaccord
11-24-2007, 04:05 PM
On your car it is a BITCH to get the starter out. It is very inaccessable without ripping half your car apart. you need to remove your wheel, driveshaft, battery, alternator, etc. i seriously recommend you take it to acura.

jdmaccord
11-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Here:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c119/jdmaccord/untitled-2.jpg

sonya68
11-25-2007, 08:20 AM
Thanks, I have some people that are going to help me out, just shade tree mechanics, and I am really worrried that they are going to F it up. IT sucks, but I need it fixed, cuz it wont hit at all.

Thanks for the diagram. You are so nice to send that. I will let you know about the results.

Sonya

jdmaccord
11-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Thanks, I have some people that are going to help me out, just shade tree mechanics, and I am really worrried that they are going to F it up. IT sucks, but I need it fixed, cuz it wont hit at all.

Thanks for the diagram. You are so nice to send that. I will let you know about the results.

Sonya
Word.
just follow that diagram. take off the wheel, the drive shaft, and unplug your battery. then when all that crapola is out, you should be able to see the bolts that hold the starter in place.
make sure you hvae a good socket set with long extensions, and box ratchets. Im sure you either have those, or your friends do.

You should post pics of the replacement ( if possible) so its even easier for the next person!

sonya68
11-25-2007, 06:43 PM
I may not want to take pics if it is a pain in my ass. I still have not got it done yet, the person that was supposed to help my yesterday and today flaked out both times. So maybe this week. I just want my car back! Thanks for all of your input. I hope this can be done!!! LOL

Sonya