PDA

View Full Version : 1997 Acura CL Radio help

hohensee1
09-19-2007, 09:36 PM
Have been told that when we blew a fuse on the AMP, the Radio Security system locked the radio out.:roll_eye:
Can this be true? It is asking to a CODE though,
Anyone know of such a code and or how I can get it to unlock the Radio.:-?
Yes, I know I can go to dealership, was hoping to make this easier than attempting to ask a dealer for help with the codes. :nod:
Thx in Advance.

jdmaccord
09-20-2007, 06:24 AM
Have been told that when we blew a fuse on the AMP, the Radio Security system locked the radio out.:roll_eye:
Yes, I know I can go to dealership, was hoping to make this easier than attempting to ask a dealer for help with the codes. :nod:
Thx in Advance.
1. Check your manual. The manual should be in a nice black folder. inside that folder somewhere should be a white card with a number on it. Thats your radio security code.

2. If You cant find this white card, go to acura. Acura however is not going to be able to tell u the radio code right off the bat. They will probably have to remove the system, get the serial number off the back, yada yada yada.

advancespeed
11-15-2007, 02:41 PM
that problem happens when you dissconnect the battery or disconnect the radio...there should be a card in the owners manual...or call ur local acura dealer. the code is usually a 5 digit code

bobcov
12-06-2007, 10:58 PM
Thx in Advance.

I was able to get the code from American Honda customer service by providing my VIN number and/or the serial number of the radio. It was a while ago, so I don't remember for certain if I had to provide the serial number or they were able to get it somehow from the VIN. There was no charge involved.

5spd_ls
01-07-2008, 01:03 PM
well that seems fairly easy. my buddy a few years back had to pay $30 for the time it took a tech to type his vin in a computer. i would have sold the bitch an old alpine deck i had with wiring harness and dash kit, so go figure.