PDA

View Full Version : B18B in a 95 civic

PacoLaco590
06-13-2006, 04:44 PM
I have a 1995 Honda Civic Dx Coupe with auto transmission. I am swapping my stock engine for a B18B OBD-1 engine. The engine I am going to buy comes with the engine, automatic transmission, the alternator, Power Steering, Sensors, and Manifolds. What else, if anything, am I going to need for the swap? Thanks

HONDABOY51181
06-26-2006, 07:45 AM
I'm wondering the same thing....I have a 94 lx auto and want to swap my engine but wanted to know what were my options...i heard stories that i couldn't keep my auto trans if i went to a b18b would have to go manual for that swap but just what i heard....

jaywill
07-08-2006, 08:23 PM
I have a 1995 Honda Civic Dx Coupe with auto transmission. I am swapping my stock engine for a B18B OBD-1 engine. The engine I am going to buy comes with the engine, automatic transmission, the alternator, Power Steering, Sensors, and Manifolds. What else, if anything, am I going to need for the swap? Thanks

Ecu, harness, axles.

jaywill
07-08-2006, 08:29 PM
I'm wondering the same thing....I have a 94 lx auto and want to swap my engine but wanted to know what were my options...i heard stories that i couldn't keep my auto trans if i went to a b18b would have to go manual for that swap but just what i heard....

The tranny from the D series won't fit on the B series. But there are automatic B series transmissions.

wheeelz
08-07-2006, 07:20 PM
This swap can be done. i have had mine running for about a year now. The main things you need to look at is #1 wiring the tcm @2 cutting the frame rail to fit the transmission(its like a inch bigger than the standard) other than that its a cake walk. actually I just got the turbo setup going about a month ago works great!!! any questions email me. would love to help because when I did it there was no help.whelz86@yahoo.com

g-civic
08-16-2006, 06:41 PM
another question for this swap....i got the whole part car available to me so i've got everything for it but my question is that is all the wiring from the b18 harness plug up to a 94 civic lx or do you have to manully connect them....i knida new to this. never done a honda swap but has i have done a mitsu swap already. i just need find out a couple of things before i can do this swap....parts car is a 91 integra ls.