PDA

View Full Version : Question about a 1993 accord..

francisfury
05-15-2006, 11:46 AM
Hi everyone,

I have a 1993 automatic accord ex-r (ex for us), i need to replace a piece in the exhaust
system cause it makes a nasty sound, i'm interested in changing the entire system (from the header to the tip), do you guys know where I can purchase a full kit? I dont really want racing parts and I tend to avoid anything that makes loud noises, I like something discrete, if it adds up performance and fuel economy, well thats great news...

I live in canada, close to montreal so i can travel around, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Grey_Runner
05-15-2006, 11:52 AM
any muffler shop?

if you just want the parts to do it yourself try any auto parts store

deevergote
05-15-2006, 12:46 PM
Do you want to replace the header as well?

I would get a DC Sports header, a good catalytic converter (I don't usually bother with the "performance" ones... stock actually flows well), and an Apexi World Sport catback. That setup should get you about 10 more horsepower at the wheels (a conservative figure) when paired with an intake of some sort... and it'll sound nice. The World Sport is almost as quiet as stock until you get on it. I love it... if it came in dual tip and 2.5", I would have one already! :lol:

francisfury
05-16-2006, 08:27 PM
Thanks,

I noticed that there are 3 types of materials that headers are made out of, ceramic, stainless steel and chrome, which is best?

oh and also, can you trust ebay for that kind of parts? cause i can get a DC ceramic header for 50 bucks....

Will after market headers last a long as oem? cause dont forget that here we have winter and it gets cold....

anyway thank you all!!!

ACC0RD22
05-16-2006, 09:18 PM
either stainless steel or ceramic coated stainless steel. i personally dont like the look of chrome plated. but thats just me.