PDA

View Full Version : 93 GSR B17 into 91 Civic - Exhaust Concerns

mRe
02-02-2006, 07:55 PM
I've just dropped in a b17 into a 91 hatch and i dont know if i can use any ole aftermarket civic exhaust with it. My question is ... Will an after market civic exhaust line up with the integra headers or will i need some custom piping to make my "Civtegra" go?

Thanks,
Ed

Batman™
03-31-2006, 12:09 AM
you might have fitment issues. if you have it working now with your stock exhaust, chances are you've done something where the cat is. that means that anything after the cat should be fine to replace. if you don't have an exhaust, then you might want to consider having a muffler shop custom make you one. just take in the muffler you want to use and they can fab up an exhaust on the spot. general rule of thumb is that crush bent exhaust, which most shops do, is not going to flow as well. it's a lot cheaper though. mandrel bent will flow great, but will cost more. look around. i just got a full mandrel bent exhaust done into a muffler of my choice, 2 and a half inches all the way through, for around 250, which is very reasonable. hell that's a better price than a lot of after market exhausts you can buy.