PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Prefer ?

MystikLonerCRX
07-09-2002, 11:15 PM
What do you prefer, Manual Transmission or Automatic transmission ?

*There are people who like to race with automatic tranys, not me though i love manual...mmm... double clutching....*

There is this silly ass italian kids on my street who race with automatic accords ... lolz plan ta take em out once i have my b16a SiR II engine in my CRX

stockciviclx
07-09-2002, 11:28 PM
umm you do realize double clutching is bad in a race correct?

MystikLonerCRX
07-10-2002, 12:33 AM
In a way i agree ... but with my first kar which was a 91 cavalier ... yes shiety but i took out this 94 honda i think it was n it was an automatic all stock my shiet was stock too ... n i did double clutch and i think it did help kuz i beat him

EK_Hatchy
07-10-2002, 02:56 AM
i thought double clutching was only when you down shifted...?

BorderM3
07-10-2002, 07:26 AM
Thats affirmative....

Double clutching is when you blip the throttle to match shaft speed to the speed that the synchro is turning in the gear you are DOWN shifting to.

'granny shifting not double clutching right'

ImportZ32
07-12-2002, 01:04 PM
Thats affirmative....

Double clutching is when you blip the throttle to match shaft speed to the speed that the synchro is turning in the gear you are DOWN shifting to.

'granny shifting not double clutching right'

run that by me again, I didnt exactly kno what the hell Double Clutchin was, ...explain as if I were LD...well...yeah 8)

CrX Si 89
07-12-2002, 05:12 PM
Not to be mean but how old r all of u.. ur car knowledge atleast 5speed/clutch knowledge is little.. double clutching is for when u go to slow down.. at Fast speeds.. double clutching only slows u down and tears up ur gears and clutch when done while shifting up.. so sorry dude it didnt help u win.. he just has a auto that was slow..

BorderM3
07-13-2002, 03:35 PM
Not to be mean but how old r all of u.. ur car knowledge atleast 5speed/clutch knowledge is little.. double clutching is for when u go to slow down.. at Fast speeds.. double clutching only slows u down and tears up ur gears and clutch when done while shifting up.. so sorry dude it didnt help u win.. he just has a auto that was slow..

Double clutching is for racing (not drag racing) if done effectively it doesnt slow you down...after braking hard before a corner when you double clutch it puts you back up in the sweet spot in the rpms for power for the next turn, with out slowing you down more.

There is absolutely no benefit in double clutching in drag racing other than to sound cool when you are slowing down.

ImportZ32
07-21-2002, 07:40 PM

How old are we...its a forum...you ask questions while they get answered to farther other peoples knowledge, or ideas on what they had, no need to flame people cause you kno wtf double clutching is... :roll:

Swifty
07-25-2002, 10:19 PM
Yea i agree double clutching is gay. I know a kid who got a 95 cobra and he rippied the shit out of his gears double clutching while he was drag racing. He does think that its becaus he clucthed he things is bc he clutch blew it stupid it dont make you faster in a str8 line all it does it helps you blow yor engine. Lets think your in a drag race in your honda civic that redlines at 9000 rpm and you shift and go back down to 6000 or 7000 why the fuck would you want to have less rpms in a race by double clutching and cuzing them to go higher its stupid all you do is go through your gears faster and slowly strip and grind them down. by double clutching and cuzing them to go higher

90HBSleepr
07-26-2002, 05:35 PM
manual. YOU control the car.

HardOnD16A6
07-30-2002, 08:06 PM
Heal toe is when you match your revs for each gear while downshifting and breaking before a corner. It is also importan to be in you powerband wile you take the corner so you can launch quikly.

"Double Cluching" i Have hear two different thing on.

First is what i mentioned above...AKA Heal Toe

Second say you are going from 2nd into 3rd... you would push the clutch in to get it out of gear, then would let it back out, now your in neutral, press the clutch down again to put it into 3rd gear

Now the purpose of the second is not realy intnded for racing, what it does is helps do the job of your syncros. If your syncros are bad try "double clutching" into that gear.

uszcrx
07-31-2002, 10:53 PM
Out of the double clutching topic.. and on to the question at hand.. I prefer a manual.. not to sound sexist ! lol more manly.. and personally WAY more fun

chillar
07-31-2002, 11:48 PM
we need a newbie forum :nod:

uszcrx
08-01-2002, 07:49 AM
What we need is for anyone to delete posts with.. Fast and furious quotes... its tired