PDA

View Full Version : Apexi N1 problem on Civic Si

CptCorN
07-08-2002, 08:00 PM
Hey guys,
Just curious if anyone has installed a apexi n1 catback on a 99-00 civic si? I have mine installed, but the canister seems to hit my bumper, and makes a rattling sound. My question is, can i lower it down about an inch so it doesn hit it? It doesnt happen too often but every now and then it does. *shrugs* :-? :-? :-? :-?

koatic
07-08-2002, 09:51 PM
Why would your muffler rattle hitting a plastic bumper?
I think you may have a loose heat shield my friend..
get your car up on a lift and tap along your exhaust and sheilds until you hear your culprit..
Good luck..

CptCorN
07-09-2002, 06:34 AM
The only reason i suspect that is because it doesnt sound like a metal rattling, i never touched the heat shield, and also because a piece of the bumper is like....1/2 cm away from the bumper

96integsr
07-09-2002, 08:28 AM
Make the hanger furthest to the back longer via welding an extensionon it. Not long at all though. just a little to get it away from the bumper.

avus///M3
07-09-2002, 09:06 AM
just get longer exhaust hangers

CptCorN
07-09-2002, 11:37 AM
Where can i get longer hangers? As for welding, thats way out of my leauge......muhahhaa yes im a little bitch

96integsr
07-09-2002, 01:43 PM
muffler shops would do it for next to nothing. i didn't assume you knew how to weld and had a welding machine. the majority of us don't.

toxik co2
07-09-2002, 01:46 PM
Well if you have the rubber fittings that hold the hangers heres what you do...

Heat them up and grab 2 pairs of pliers and stretch them out, save yourself some money.

JDM Civic
07-09-2002, 01:50 PM
hangers are 2 small sticks of metal that are simply spot welded 2 times per hanger to the muffler. Takes no time at all and will be like what $10 maybe....

CptCorN
07-09-2002, 02:49 PM
damn, got my shit mixed up....hangers...i was thinking the two little rubber pieces.....cool tahnks guys....ill run over to an exhaust place sometime soon and see if they can help me....thanks for the help....i appreciate it...

toxik co2
07-09-2002, 02:55 PM
But 1 thing... The welds that came on the exhaust from the factory are stainless. If you buy new hangers and have Midas or somthing weld them on won't the weld rust? :-? just thinking ahead.

sinister02
07-09-2002, 10:48 PM
Hey i have an N1 on my HX it does come close to my bumper it almost touches it as u know if your car is lowered you can't drop the muffler down anymore than it is because when you hit something it is going to tear it off but like they said it may be one of the flanges hitting the underside of the car that what mine does some times because the pipes so big another good thing for sound also that i relized after grinding the resonator down to nothing is to have it removed it pops alot in my car and it is alot louder if you like a loud exaughst. :D

eteboy
07-10-2002, 02:26 PM
You might still wanna try out changing those rubber fittings. I had the same problem with my car and changing the original rubbers to extra stiff Volvo equals was all I needed. Cost me 4 (~ $4).

sprayed
07-10-2002, 02:50 PM
if you do anything change the rubber hangers to longer ones, dont weld anything, it will make it look cheap and ugly (im sure its all nicely polished now)
i dont see how it would be rattling tough i have a rs*r invidia/skunk2 in my integra that comes probly less that 1/2inch close to the bumper and ive never had a rattling problem

CptCorN
07-10-2002, 05:14 PM
Where can i find new rubber hangers?