PDA

View Full Version : water temp gauge were to install ?

racing_beat
11-22-2005, 10:29 PM
hi ..

boosting my motor soon and I bought a set of gauges oil pres-water, temp,boost,a/f gauge now i need to know were do I hook the water temp sensor capillar . I though removing the ect sending unit witch is right next to the ect sensor right bellow the dizzy this ect sending unit goes straigh to the cluster were the water temp gauge is ... now my question is is that fine to install it or anywere else ?? any thoughts

THANKS IN ADVANCE

racing_beat
11-23-2005, 08:33 AM
anyone? 15 view and nobody knows >?

fataLLightning
12-02-2005, 11:43 AM
what hardware did it come with? i know alot of people just cut open a coolant hose, and insert a T that is threaded for the sensor

Monte
12-02-2005, 01:44 PM
I though removing the ect sending unit witch is right next to the ect sensor right bellow the dizzy

I dont understand this sentence at all. But Matt's idea of the spliced in tapped pipe sounds like a good idea. I know small blocks have extra tapped holes for sensors, but i'm guessing honda's dont. You dont want to take out your factory sensor, cause it is a vital input for your computer.

JDM_PWRD_SE-R
12-02-2005, 05:14 PM
i have a mechanical temp gauge spliced into one of my coolant hoses on my nissan and it works like a champ.i just went to the hardware store and got a tee fitting,2 ends that screw in to the tee that are meant to be put into hoses,and just screwed the sensor into that.