PDA

View Full Version : Interesting to read (please do not move yet)

JDMRicePolice
04-03-2002, 04:16 AM
Life after the Fast and the Furious?
The Fast and the Furious was a great movie, in more ways then one. Sure it was technically inaccurate, contained piss poor acting, and complete unbelievability but it also showed something that many people did not know about: the racing culture. Despite its flaws it racked up a large sum of money at the box office. Thus begins the new era of street racing. I say new era because up until recently racing has been a “down low” event with just a few cars showing up to race. Now it’s become a popular trend, much to the dismay of real racers. Altezzas and hoochies aside, the extra media being brought into the circle of racers isn’t welcome.

The latest ways to race have been with large groups, with body kits, wild paint, girls, and neon’s, a far cry from “Two Lane Blacktop” and “American Graffiti”. Not saying that this happened overnight after TFATF came out, it just became more widespread and accepted. So what, right… a little neon here, some traffic racing there what’s the problem? Well these kinds of stunts have proven detrimental to racing as a whole. It’s brought harsh legislation, increasing police crack downs, and a much larger, unwanted, crowd of people. These are the people that tag the sides of industrial zones where we race, who leave their trash on the landscaped grounds, drink, and do drugs. Needless to say they haven’t learned that this is racing, not a club.

The reality to many has become dirty looks from people jut cause your driving a hopped up car, poor media coverage that has started to blame every traffic accident on some form of street racing and the public as a whole viewing us as a bunch of gang-banger crack heads (literally). Don’t expect it to change anytime too soon either.

So what happens now? Well street racing goes back to its roots, as I’ve already seen. No longer will the racers be in hoards, with blaring music and neon lights to impress the hotties. Instead it’s going to be smaller groups of individuals and those groups being much smarter about what they are doing. Posting lookouts to watch your back while racing, finding more secluded race spots, and keeping safe till the hype blows over.

The days of cruising your favorite boulevard and the stop light drag strip is over. Our little world within a world is changing and if you want to stay clear of the police then you had best change with it. Stay safe.

Hybrid Hatch
04-03-2002, 04:43 AM
did you actually take the time to write that... or did some one else?

631 Teggy
04-03-2002, 01:02 PM
You should start a Street Racing newsletter... That was good stuff.

NOINTEGReddy
04-03-2002, 02:42 PM
Thanks. That was very insightful. Good post.

integr8
04-03-2002, 03:07 PM
Well written! Now if only we could actually create that grassroots racing utopia you spoke of.....ahhh...a world without ricers and unwanted attention. (drool)

:cry:

90tegboy
04-03-2002, 05:17 PM
*claps from somewhere near the back* well put

GEN2LSINTEGRA
04-03-2002, 05:26 PM
Good Job!! If you did type that how long did it take you?

Mr. Fabulous
04-03-2002, 05:38 PM
spread the word.
there will be a new Tunertopia. Where rice is no more. Quarter miles are shared equally without care where the car is from. Import Racers and Domestic Racers shall be refered to as just Racers.

Nice words. I here you. Now make share we don't need the media to spread the word

Mr. Fabulous
04-03-2002, 05:39 PM
spread the word.
there will be a new Tunertopia. Where rice is no more. Quarter miles are shared equally without care where the car is from. Import Racers and Domestic Racers shall be refered to as just Racers.

Nice words. I here you. Now make share we don't need the media to spread the word

TorontoR
04-03-2002, 05:41 PM
Mr. Fabulous, why are you stuttering?

Mr. Fabulous
04-03-2002, 05:44 PM
sorry cpu froze

djxpyro
04-03-2002, 05:57 PM
Before TF&TF we still had a good crowd of people to race (with ricers to let cops see all their shinny ass chrome n lights, n have them find out where we race) n it was pretty much the only spot where people met. Now that cops just wait for us there, ive heard of 8 more places to go. You seem right on this one, with smaller groups scattered every where, it would be harder for cops to crash one huge ass group. A newsletter should be made, for the racers (ricers please go to riceboypage.com, k thx)

fiasco88
04-03-2002, 05:58 PM
We are working to start something underground here. Having the Cell phones is nice to warn people of cops.

PanzerM
04-04-2002, 12:05 AM
true true

We in Orlando, the purebreeds of the sport are changing our tactics and our play.

We are forming NachtJaeger groups. Which means Night Hunters. these go out at 10-12pm and find quiet places out of the way for us to play in.

Then We call the invited cars on cells or give out email 1-2hrs prior to the meet.

Then we meet up in rally points in the differnt sectors of Orlando 2-3 cars per sector and 3-6 ppl normally.

The we head out to the spot in the small groups. Here 3-4 imports the cops wont fuck with at all. 5 or more and you will get a tail we found out.

Then we pick up a our spot(never go to the same spot in a two week period), we draw for pointmen to guard the inbound roads with about a 10min now 20min distance from our spot we chose. They park at a gas station, McDonald's or something and have a cell on them.

Then we play for a while. Pointmen trade off every hour or so, and everyone has to pull Point duty if you want to go out that night. Well everyone with a car I should say.

This tactic is seeming to work for the moment as long as it stays under control.

AEM Short Ram
Tanabe Super Racing Medallion cat-back
Neuspeed Sport Springs
Neuspeed Strut Bar

CTR Gauge Cluster
Si Side skirts
soon to be added, CTR door panels and SRS steering wheel.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PanzerM on 2002-04-03 23:06 ]</font>

PanzerM
04-04-2002, 12:44 AM
move this to the lounge so more people will see it.

NOINTEGReddy
04-04-2002, 02:00 AM
Damn PanzerM. This is like some Project Mayhem, Operation Anti-rice stuff. Here is Chicago people blow by stop signs in front of cops, and they bust open firehydrants to prevent races. You got like an underground thing like "coast is clear, im going in" "cover me" special ops Navy Seals tactics and... Oh what the hell. Nice plan! :eek:

PanzerM
04-04-2002, 02:25 AM
well everybody I hang with is Ex-Military of one sort or another, so this influnced our terms alot.

NOINTEGReddy
04-04-2002, 02:29 AM
Awsome. I know a Marine but whenever he gets stopped he just flashes the Military ID and the cop lets him go. Or so he tells me. Those are some awsome tactics though. :eek: