PDA

View Full Version : GSR is finally in

Adrenaline
07-06-2002, 11:43 AM
WELL, I ordered my b18C swap two and a half mos ago, It was supposed to be here in days and done in a couple weeks, well, after waiting forever, it got here a month and a half later, but it had a auto ECU, and no linkage and a wrong motor mount, so then, my shop finally got all the parts, and now it will be finished monday, i had them drop it in, since I dont have enough leave saved up to attempt it myself, but i finally saw it yesterday, new engine in it, it was great seeing that, hes finishing the wiring this weekend, and i pick it up monday, cannot wait, ill run it in a week or two after i rack enough miles on it to avoid potential engine trouble, and well see what i get!!! I have learned though. engine swaps are a shady buisness, if you find a reliable, good priced retailer, keep em, cause it sucks ass waiting and getting taken for a ride.

Nameless
07-06-2002, 12:23 PM
sweeet. Who did you get your engine through? Or did the shop order it for you?

And how much did all of this end up costing you?

InfamousDX
07-06-2002, 12:23 PM
well congrats on the swap. it must have been worth it.

831civic
07-06-2002, 02:25 PM
Tight! Give us some 1/4 mile times when you run it

Adrenaline
07-06-2002, 11:00 PM
the story on the shop is its PWT motorsports (unfinished website www.pwtmotorsports.com) I paid about 4300 w/ labor, they ordered it, and worked the parts issue, but it took a while, lost faith in them for a bit, but now i see that they are quality, but it does take them a while, however i dont ever want to dick with this crap again, from now on im either doin it ALL by myself or buying a fast car from the factory, im sure this car will be loads of fun though,