PDA

View Full Version : Bro just backed into my hood

donwan
07-06-2002, 02:31 AM
was thinkin, should i get a reg hood or a carbon fiber hood. ??? mOney doesn't matter

blaze16
07-06-2002, 03:24 AM
i guess it depends on what u plan on doing with your car?

SeenSense
07-06-2002, 10:24 AM
Its all on u cf is lighter looks better to some people while stock is just stock up 2 u. If it was me i would get the cf

Nameless
07-06-2002, 11:10 AM
I voted yes because that is what I would do.

BUT if it is going to happen again, don't let it happen to the CF one..

Adrenaline
07-06-2002, 11:31 AM
get a carbon one due to weight, if you wish the car to be sleeper, paint it to match, if money doesnt matter,

Shocon2k
07-06-2002, 01:01 PM
If you were to buy a carbon fiber hood and paint it to match, that would really be a waste of cash. The only thing you will really achieve by doing this is a hood that is easier to open, cuz it'll weigh less. 15 pounds lost won't really be noticable performance wise. Hell, you might as well drive with the stock hood and just drop a duece, get a haircut, and not wear shoes. If you want to keep that stock look, then get a steel hood. If you want the carbon fiber look, go for that. If you want vents in it (not cowls, cool low profile vents) then get something made of fiberglass. Prepare to pay about the same for an unpainted CF hood as you would for a painted stock one and I do believe a painted fiberglass one will cost you more than the other two. Shop around. Fiberglass hoods with cool vents are easy to find on www.ebay.com

another_civic
07-06-2002, 01:17 PM
CF hood. 8)

Shocon2k
07-08-2002, 05:23 PM
I should also add that you can get vented hoods that are made of CF. Like the fiberglass ones. You should also consider those. My personal pick. Cuz a vented hood will allow heat to escape, just make sure to cover it in heavy rain or just be positive that your wiring is insulated and there are no open connections underneath. But you should be good.

greengreezmonkey
07-08-2002, 06:00 PM
bro, you know what would be sweet? a transparent hood. do they have some shit like that? i guess it'd be kinda difficult to find the right kind of plastic or whatever that could take the heat, but that would be so wicked :nod:

Shocon2k
07-08-2002, 10:05 PM
Yeah, they make em...not a fan though. People walk by and are like "oh hey, look, a nice AEM pipe, lets crack this biznitch and take it, bwa ha ha" or maybe that won't happen I don't know :lol:

GenoaSoldier
07-08-2002, 10:11 PM
HOW ABOUT NO HOOD

jk

yeah, might as well get cf if you dont care about money

VJUICE
07-08-2002, 10:14 PM
get a carbon one due to weight, if you wish the car to be sleeper, paint it to match, if money doesnt matter,

yes, buy the carbon fiber hood, then paint over it.

if youre worried about that little ammount of weight, start loosing weight., your spare tire, any stereo, get lighter wheels dump some seats

... you'll say... hold on.. that's not reasonable.....

i'll say... why you spending money on a CF hood? where else could that money be better used=?

then we agree and watch the fast and the furious!! :lol: :lol:

VJUICE
07-08-2002, 10:17 PM
bro, you know what would be sweet? a transparent hood. do they have some shit like that? i guess it'd be kinda difficult to find the right kind of plastic or whatever that could take the heat, but that would be so wicked :nod:

sorry just read this.

if you want a transparent hood, your car must be

1) tricked the hell out
2) insured
3) kept away from anyone who has light fingers...
4) a second hood, comon, that shit aint praticle.